IRVING, Texas (AP) – The Dallas Cowboys have acquired the rights to former Baltimore linebacker Rolando McClain and are placing Sean Lee on season-ending injured reserve with a torn knee ligament.
The team reported on its website Tuesday that it also would send a sixth-round pick in next year’s draft to the Ravens while getting a seventh-round pick in return.
McClain was the eighth overall pick by Oakland in 2010, but off-the-field issues, including multiple arrests, shortened his career. He has been retired and hasn’t played since 2012.
McClain, who turns 25 this month, has 173 tackles and 6 1/2 sacks in 41 career games over three seasons.
Lee tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the first offseason practice.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Grand Prairie Police Investigate Fatal Shooting At Sports Bar
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures