Rangers Designate LHP Saunders For Assignment
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Joe Saunders has been designated for assignment by the Texas Rangers, who cut ties with the 33-year-old lefty after he went winless in eight starts.
Saunders gave up four homers and seven runs in five innings on Monday night in a 7-1 loss to the Orioles. That left him 0-5 with a 6.13 ERA.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release, or outright Saunders to the minor leagues.
Assistant General Manager Thad Levine said Tuesday, “I just don’t think it’s worked out to his liking and we just wanted to try something new and different at this point.”
The Rangers recalled 25-year-old Miles Mikolas from Triple-A Round Rock. Levine said and the right-hander will start Wednesday at Baltimore and will be “going into the rotation” for the struggling Rangers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo Talks With Ben & Skin
- Plan To Decriminalize Truancy Headed For Full Texas Senate
- UNT Student Hopes PTSD Victim Memorial ‘Takes Root’
- Mother Arrested For Child Abandonment Was Childcare Professional
- Residents Troubled By Dangerous Crosswalk After Mother & Child Struck
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures