Rangers Designate LHP Saunders For Assignment
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Joe Saunders has been designated for assignment by the Texas Rangers, who cut ties with the 33-year-old lefty after he went winless in eight starts.
Saunders gave up four homers and seven runs in five innings on Monday night in a 7-1 loss to the Orioles. That left him 0-5 with a 6.13 ERA.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release, or outright Saunders to the minor leagues.
Assistant General Manager Thad Levine said Tuesday, “I just don’t think it’s worked out to his liking and we just wanted to try something new and different at this point.”
The Rangers recalled 25-year-old Miles Mikolas from Triple-A Round Rock. Levine said and the right-hander will start Wednesday at Baltimore and will be “going into the rotation” for the struggling Rangers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspicious Bag Causes Brief Stir & Evacuations At DFW Airport
- Obama: Move To Shield Millions From Deportation Is “Lawful”
- Fort Worth Man Reportedly Admits To Sexually Abusing 100 Children
- Top 5 Surprising Tips For A Better Night’s Sleep
- Innovative Program Offers Preventative Paramedic Care
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures