DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – A Johnson county mother and daughter are in jail on theft charges after someone recognized one of them in a surveillance video stealing items from a Cleburne family’s porch.
26-year old Iris Carroll and her mother 43-year old Cathy Silva are now in custody and Sheriff Bob Alford says the arrests will clear at least a dozen cases.
Acting on a tip, police arrested Silva and searched the home where they located several items from other reported thefts.
Carroll was arrested Wednesday in Dallas on a warrant accusing her of theft after she showed up on a security camera video. The tape also shows her taking a pair of wet shoes from the home’s porch.
Silva is being held on $10,000 bond. No bail has been set yet for her daughter.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- White Settlement Firefighter In Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- TCU Beaten By Coastal Carolina 7-5
- Team USA Falls To Columbia 1-0, Finishes 4th In Copa America
- One Dead In Fort Worth Convenience Store Robbery
- Corruption Cases Casts Harsh Light On NYPD Handgun Permits
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures