Driver Blames Wreck On Turtle, Cat, Squirrel
BRYAN (AP) – Police said that a man arrested for drunken driving blamed a turtle, a cat, a squirrel and an overhanging tree in a Central Texas wreck.
When police arrived at the scene just southeast of College Station on Tuesday, the 33-year-old slurring driver was still in his seat and unaware of his location. A witness told officers that the driver passed him on the right shoulder, hit a guardrail, left the road and struck a tree.
The Eagle of Bryan-College Station reported that the North Zulch man told officers that he swerved to avoid the critters and hit the tree.
Police didn’t buy the explanation and charged the man with drunken driving. Records show that this his second such arrest, and he could face a year in jail. He is currently free on $7,500 bond.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vet Ticketed For Walking On Wrong Side Of Street
- Uber Driver Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of Customer
- Warning About Drones Used In Terrorist Attacks
- Fan Collapses Before Astros Game
- Man’s Car Burglarized After He Was Likely Followed From Bank
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures