BRYAN (AP) – Police said that a man arrested for drunken driving blamed a turtle, a cat, a squirrel and an overhanging tree in a Central Texas wreck.
When police arrived at the scene just southeast of College Station on Tuesday, the 33-year-old slurring driver was still in his seat and unaware of his location. A witness told officers that the driver passed him on the right shoulder, hit a guardrail, left the road and struck a tree.
The Eagle of Bryan-College Station reported that the North Zulch man told officers that he swerved to avoid the critters and hit the tree.
Police didn’t buy the explanation and charged the man with drunken driving. Records show that this his second such arrest, and he could face a year in jail. He is currently free on $7,500 bond.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- Walmart Employees May Soon Get More Relaxed Dress Code
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Owls Born Outside Office Window Now Staring In At Workers
- Wells Fargo Hit With $1 Billion Fine For Mortgage, Auto Lending Abuses
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures