BRYAN (AP) – Police said that a man arrested for drunken driving blamed a turtle, a cat, a squirrel and an overhanging tree in a Central Texas wreck.
When police arrived at the scene just southeast of College Station on Tuesday, the 33-year-old slurring driver was still in his seat and unaware of his location. A witness told officers that the driver passed him on the right shoulder, hit a guardrail, left the road and struck a tree.
The Eagle of Bryan-College Station reported that the North Zulch man told officers that he swerved to avoid the critters and hit the tree.
Police didn’t buy the explanation and charged the man with drunken driving. Records show that this his second such arrest, and he could face a year in jail. He is currently free on $7,500 bond.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mainstream Model 3 Holds Promise & Peril For Tesla
- Target Ends NASCAR Sponsorship With Chip Ganassi Racing
- 5th Person Dies Trying To Cross Rio Grande Into Texas
- British Media Reporting That 11-Month Old Charlie Gard Has Died
- No Phone Or Internet Service For North Texas Town Today
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures