Early Morning Fire At Plastics Business In Mansfield
MANSFIELD, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Friday morning fire at a plastics company in Mansfield startled residents as it sent a column of black smoke high into the sky.
The fire was at the Spectrum Polymers company on Justice Lane, not far from the jail in Mansfield.
Belinda Willis of the city of Mansfield says four fire departments managed to get the flames under control and that the fire was contained to an outside building.
Smoke was reported to be very thick in the area at the time of the fire.
There was never a threat of evacuation and firefighters will be on the scene for a while longer to make sure nothing flares back up.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Frisco Freedom Fest Entertains Thousands On Fourth
- Historic Ft. Worth Neighborhoods Come Alive On Fourth
- Another Near Drowning In Fort Worth
- Charity-Driven Fireworks Stand Burglarized In Kaufman County
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures