MANSFIELD, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Friday morning fire at a plastics company in Mansfield startled residents as it sent a column of black smoke high into the sky.
The fire was at the Spectrum Polymers company on Justice Lane, not far from the jail in Mansfield.
Belinda Willis of the city of Mansfield says four fire departments managed to get the flames under control and that the fire was contained to an outside building.
Smoke was reported to be very thick in the area at the time of the fire.
There was never a threat of evacuation and firefighters will be on the scene for a while longer to make sure nothing flares back up.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Military Widow Slams Trump & His University At DNC
- Last Charge Dropped Against Anti-Abortion Duo Behind Videos
- Powerball Jackpot $422 Million After Months Without Winner
- Dallas Man Sentenced To Jail For Sabotaging Citibank Computers
- Chaos Erupts Between Texas Delegation’s Clinton & Sanders Supporters
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures