MANSFIELD, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Friday morning fire at a plastics company in Mansfield startled residents as it sent a column of black smoke high into the sky.
The fire was at the Spectrum Polymers company on Justice Lane, not far from the jail in Mansfield.
Belinda Willis of the city of Mansfield says four fire departments managed to get the flames under control and that the fire was contained to an outside building.
Smoke was reported to be very thick in the area at the time of the fire.
There was never a threat of evacuation and firefighters will be on the scene for a while longer to make sure nothing flares back up.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Homeowner Fights Off Home Invasion
- Little Elm Community Continues To Mourn Ahead Of Fallen Detective’s Funeral
- Brady Leads Patriots Back To Super Bowl With Win Over Steelers 36-17
- Ground Stop Lifted, United Airlines Flights Set To Resume
- Falcons Dominate Packers 44-21 For NFC Title
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures