Firefighters Treated, Released After Roof Collapse
FORT WORTH (AP) — Two Fort Worth firefighters have escaped serious injuries after part of a ceiling and roof collapsed during a house fire.
Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Tim Hardeman tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that 44-year-old Jimmy Gray and 39-year-old Dallas Murr were able to free themselves from the debris in the collapse during the Friday fire and crawled out of the kitchen area.
They were taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, where they were treated for possible head and neck injuries and released shortly after.
Fire officials say the fire destroyed a garage and burned off half the roof. Five family members, two adults and three children, escaped unharmed.
The cause remained under investigation.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- Drones Help Parker County Scope Out Flood Damage
- Hamilton Homecoming: 2010 AL MVP Back In Texas On Home Team
- Texas Company Needs OK From Landowners To Build Pipeline
- Adrian Peterson Lashes Out At Vikings On Twitter
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures