FRISCO (CSBDFW.COM) – An 8-year-old girl fell 20 feet from the zip line attraction at Frisco’s 4th of July annual Freedom Fest event.
The little girl was initially taken by ambulance to a nearby fire station and was then flown to a nearby hospital by CareFlight, where she remains in stable condition.
According to a statement released by the Frisco Police Department, the little girl and her family were visiting relatives in North Texas.
The zip line, operated by Texas Entertainment Group, was shut down immediately after the accident, which happened about 8:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police are investigating the incident.
Texas Entertainment Group posted this video on YouTube in 2011 to advertise their mobile zip line rental:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Senate Confirms Trump’s Pick To Run The CIA
- Little Elm Community Still Grieving Detective Jerry Walker’s Loss
- Group Opposes Plans For Boutique Hotel In Fairmount Neighborhood
- 2 GOP Senators Would Let States Keep Obama Health Law
- Dallas City Leaders Making Plans For High Speed Rail
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures