FRISCO (CSBDFW.COM) – An 8-year-old girl fell 20 feet from the zip line attraction at Frisco’s 4th of July annual Freedom Fest event.
The little girl was initially taken by ambulance to a nearby fire station and was then flown to a nearby hospital by CareFlight, where she remains in stable condition.
According to a statement released by the Frisco Police Department, the little girl and her family were visiting relatives in North Texas.
The zip line, operated by Texas Entertainment Group, was shut down immediately after the accident, which happened about 8:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police are investigating the incident.
Texas Entertainment Group posted this video on YouTube in 2011 to advertise their mobile zip line rental:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Kahn: If You Aren’t Playing Fantasy Baseball, You’re Missing Out
- Texas Police Chiefs Start Adapting To ‘Sanctuary Cities’ Law
- WWE Insiders Pick SummerSlam 2017
- HBO Regains Control Of Hacked Social Media Accounts
- Teacher Shoots Self In Classroom At Georgia High School
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures