8-Year-Old Hospitalized After Frisco Zip Line Accident
FRISCO (CSBDFW.COM) – An 8-year-old girl fell 20 feet from the zip line attraction at Frisco’s 4th of July annual Freedom Fest event.
The little girl was initially taken by ambulance to a nearby fire station and was then flown to a nearby hospital by CareFlight, where she remains in stable condition.
According to a statement released by the Frisco Police Department, the little girl and her family were visiting relatives in North Texas.
The zip line, operated by Texas Entertainment Group, was shut down immediately after the accident, which happened about 8:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police are investigating the incident.
Texas Entertainment Group posted this video on YouTube in 2011 to advertise their mobile zip line rental:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Legislature OKs Rules Prohibiting City Fracking Bans
- Arlington Man Dead After Shooting At Pick-Up Basketball Game
- Griner Opts Out Of US Women’s Basketball Training Camp
- Rangers Notebook: Shin-Soo Choo’s Struggles Continue
- Snack Hungry UNT Students Cause Flood In Dorm
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures