CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The top nine teams in NASCAR have formed the Race Team Alliance to collaborate as a group on initiatives and issues facing their sport.
Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman is the elected chairman of RTA, which aims to lower costs for NASCAR teams and create one voice on issues facing the teams.
Kauffman tells The Associated Press that the RTA is not a union in any shape or form. He said in a Monday phone interview the RTA is a business alliance between the Sprint Cup teams.
The RTA currently includes Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Michael Waltrip Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Richard Petty Motor Sports, Roush Fenway Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing and Team Penske.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Grandmother’s Body Located In Car Swept Away By Flood Waters
- Roofers Respond To Massive Demand After Rainy Holiday
- City Of Dallas To Address Illegal Dumping Tuesday
- Burleson Police To Hand Out Gift Cards
- Broncos Ride Pats To Victory
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures