Dallas Police Seek Motel Shooting Suspect
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were shot at a Dallas motel early Wednesday morning, and police are now searching for the suspect. The incident happened at around 3:00 a.m. at The Royal Inn, located in the 2000 block of West Northwest Highway.
According to authorities at the scene, the two victims — a man and a woman — were standing on a balcony at the motel when an adult black male approached. It is not known what sort of interaction the three people had, but shots were ultimately fired.
The woman was struck in the head and later pronounced deceased at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Her name has not been released, but officials said that she was around 25 years old. The male victim is now in critical condition with an unknown injury. His name has also not been released.
Sr. Cpl. Sherri Jeffrey said that the suspect fled from the scene, but police are not sure if it was on foot or in a vehicle.
In addition to searching for the suspect, authorities are continuing to investigate what may have led to the shooting.
- Crowley Man Charged With Murdering Father Of Two
- North Texas Man Sentenced To 17+ Years For Fictional Disney Scheme
- Two Suspects Wanted For Shooting During Party In Cleburne
- U.S. Olympic Committee Announces City Of Los Angeles As The Bid To Host 2024 Olympics
- Fort Worth ISD Breaks Ground On New Student Aviation Center
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures