Dallas Police Seek Motel Shooting Suspect
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were shot at a Dallas motel early Wednesday morning, and police are now searching for the suspect. The incident happened at around 3:00 a.m. at The Royal Inn, located in the 2000 block of West Northwest Highway.
According to authorities at the scene, the two victims — a man and a woman — were standing on a balcony at the motel when an adult black male approached. It is not known what sort of interaction the three people had, but shots were ultimately fired.
The woman was struck in the head and later pronounced deceased at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Her name has not been released, but officials said that she was around 25 years old. The male victim is now in critical condition with an unknown injury. His name has also not been released.
Sr. Cpl. Sherri Jeffrey said that the suspect fled from the scene, but police are not sure if it was on foot or in a vehicle.
In addition to searching for the suspect, authorities are continuing to investigate what may have led to the shooting.
- Pair Of World War II Vets Share Feelings On Memorial Day
- 2 Gun Rights Bills Expected To Get Final Votes In Texas
- Constant Downpours Dampen Local Business Operations
- Twister Kills 13 In Mexico Border City; 12 Missing In Texas
- Texas Senate Slogs Through Teen Abortion Restrictions Debate
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures