McKinney Child Missing Since 2006 Reunited With Father
McKINNEY, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A McKinney child who went missing in 2006 has been found and returned to his father.
In 2006, Dean Drees’ 2-year-old son went missing. After an investigation, police found he had been kidnapped by his mother Padmashini Drees, the non-custodial parent, and taken to India.
The abduction was brought to the attention of McKinney Police in January of 2007, and along with several other local and federal agencies began monitoring the whereabouts of the mother while in India.
Information came to light that she planned to returned to America with her son.
On Wednesday, Padmashini Drees was arrested at DFW Airport and charged with interference with child custody. Her bond was set at $10,000.
The boy, who is now 10-years old, was reunited with his father.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Popular Lewisville Lake Spot Surviving The Flood So Far
- Dangerous Swift Water Rescues The Result Of Bad Choices
- North Texan Killed In Flash Flooding Friday
- Bill Allowing Open Carry Of Handguns Clears Legislature
- Water Could Leave Lake Ray Roberts Spillway For First Time
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures