McKINNEY, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A McKinney child who went missing in 2006 has been found and returned to his father.
In 2006, Dean Drees’ 2-year-old son went missing. After an investigation, police found he had been kidnapped by his mother Padmashini Drees, the non-custodial parent, and taken to India.
The abduction was brought to the attention of McKinney Police in January of 2007, and along with several other local and federal agencies began monitoring the whereabouts of the mother while in India.
Information came to light that she planned to returned to America with her son.
On Wednesday, Padmashini Drees was arrested at DFW Airport and charged with interference with child custody. Her bond was set at $10,000.
The boy, who is now 10-years old, was reunited with his father.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Suspect In Killings, Carjackings, Officer Shootings On The Run
- At 102 She Has Never Missed Voting In An Election
- Big 12 Hot Seats Topped By Charlie Strong At Texas
- Pham And Texas Health Agree To Settlement
- Keidel: Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions’ Forgotten Star
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures