With Parsons, Are The Mavs A 6-Seed At Best?
DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — The Dallas Mavericks took a huge step towards improving in 2014, agreeing to a three-year, $45 million offer sheet with restricted free agent Chandler Parsons on Thursday.
The Rockets must now decide if the small forward is worth it — or whether other opportunities, namely Chris Bosh, are more important.
Dallas’ little brother to the south, Houston, had some opinions of their own. Shan & RJ crosstalked with In The Loop With Nick & Lopez about Parsons and what he potentially brings to Dallas.
“What’s the objective here other than screwing over the Rockets?” asked Nick. “Dallas did take the Spurs to the brink. They’ve got Dirk, who was legitimately one of the eight best players in the league again last year. I know they just brought Tyson Chandler back, but this team still tops out at the six seed right now, even if they get Parsons.”
The duo went on to describe Parsons as a “monster athlete”, an above average defender and a “very good edge three-point shooter”.
“I fully expect, if he ends up in a Mavericks uniform, he will even be better,” said Lopez. “You’re getting a quality player.”
- Driver Rescued From Burning Car By Police Had Just Seconds To Live
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Car Jacking Suspect
- Plano’s Vision Of The Future Now The Subject Of Controversy
- Judge Halts Worker’s Comp Claim For Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham
- Blue Bell Voluntarily Recalls All Of Its Products Due To Possible Health Risk