FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM)- An American Airlines flight from London on its way to Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport Friday night was diverted for an emergency landing in Tulsa,
Oklahoma after the crew reported a mechanical issue with one of the plane’s engines.
The Boeing 777 landed with no problems despite the engine issues and all 230 passengers and 14 crewmembers were fine.
Another plane came from DFW to pick up the passengers and the crewmembers and the plane landed in Dallas at 11:45 p.m. the same night.
Since this was an international flight, the passengers had to wait on the plane until they were rescued.
The Tulsa airport said a customs official monitored the situation until passengers crew members changed flights.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rain Could Put Damper On Memorial Day Lake Plans
- Driver Slides Off Wet Dallas Road & Into Ditch
- Company Recalls Spill-Proof Cups Due To Risk Of Mold
- Some Millennials Taking Serious Look At Trump
- Khloe Kardashian Seeks Divorce From Lamar Odom, Again
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures