FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM)- An American Airlines flight from London on its way to Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport Friday night was diverted for an emergency landing in Tulsa,
Oklahoma after the crew reported a mechanical issue with one of the plane’s engines.
The Boeing 777 landed with no problems despite the engine issues and all 230 passengers and 14 crewmembers were fine.
Another plane came from DFW to pick up the passengers and the crewmembers and the plane landed in Dallas at 11:45 p.m. the same night.
Since this was an international flight, the passengers had to wait on the plane until they were rescued.
The Tulsa airport said a customs official monitored the situation until passengers crew members changed flights.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- National Parks Service Ends Ban On Disposable Water Bottles
- Input Wanted On Possible Cotton Belt Commuter Rail
- Veterans Get Expanded College Assistance Under Trump
- Mayweather And McGregor Will Fight In Smaller Gloves
- Rangers Beat Tigers 12-6 For 3-Game Sweep
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures