FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM)- An American Airlines flight from London on its way to Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport Friday night was diverted for an emergency landing in Tulsa,
Oklahoma after the crew reported a mechanical issue with one of the plane’s engines.
The Boeing 777 landed with no problems despite the engine issues and all 230 passengers and 14 crewmembers were fine.
Another plane came from DFW to pick up the passengers and the crewmembers and the plane landed in Dallas at 11:45 p.m. the same night.
Since this was an international flight, the passengers had to wait on the plane until they were rescued.
The Tulsa airport said a customs official monitored the situation until passengers crew members changed flights.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NASA Continues Splashdown Tests, This Time With Dummies
- 2 Orlando Hospitals Won’t Bill Pulse Nightclub Shooting Victims
- Two People Injured In Overnight Shooting In Balch Springs
- Yu Darvish Homers, Rangers Beat Reds 6-5 For 2-Game Split
- Medical Examiner Rules Lawyer Tobolowsky’s Death A Homicide
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures