Report: Mavs Agree With Veteran F Richard Jefferson
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – With the future of Chandler Parsons still in doubt, the Dallas Mavericks have added veteran forward Richard Jefferson.
Yahoo reports that Jefferson has agreed to a one-year deal to join the Mavericks.
Last season with Utah, Jefferson, now 34, averaged 10.1 points in 27 minutes per game. The 13-year veteran shot 40.9 percent from three-point range, good for 16th in the NBA.
The former Arizona Wildcat has averaged 4.5 rebounds and 14.5 points on 46.5 percent shooting over his career.
The Mavericks signed restricted free agent small forward Chandler Parsons to a three-year, $45 million offer sheet.
Dallas will find out Sunday night by 11 p.m. if Houston has chosen to match its offer sheet.
Two of the team’s top three-point threats from last season, Vince Carter and Jose Calderon, will not be returning next season.
Jose Calderon was part of a trade with the Knicks to acquire center Tyson Chandler. Carter signed with the Grizzlies on Saturday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 30 Players: Semien Looks To Break Out With A’s
- Truck Crashes Into Fort Worth Business, Killing Woman
- Dallas DA Speaks At SMU, Briefly Addresses Difficult Week
- Texas Has Its Own Religious Freedom Law
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures