Woods Arrives Early, Aims High At British Open
Sports Fan Insider
HOYLAKE, England (AP) – Tiger Woods was an early arrival to the British Open with hopes of avoiding an early departure.
Woods has played only two competitive rounds in the last four months because of back pain that led to surgery. That’s why he chose to get to England a day earlier than usual _ Saturday _ to get acclimated to links golf at Royal Liverpool.
He at least can count on his health. Even though Woods missed the cut at Congressional in his return three weeks ago, he was pleased at having no setbacks, and even has been to the gym a couple of times this week.
As for his goals? They haven’t changed. When asked what would be a reasonable result at his first major of the year, Woods, replied, “First.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ebola Patient Released From Atlanta Hospital
- CDC Releases Revised Ebola Safety Gear Guidelines
- Keller ISD Eyes $169.5M Bond Package To Build More Schools
- Donors Helping Ebola-Quarantined Family Start Over
- Because Of Ebola: Knock Before Entering One North Texas ER
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures