HOYLAKE, England (AP) — Tiger Woods was an early arrival to the British Open with hopes of avoiding an early departure.
Woods has played only two competitive rounds in the last four months because of back pain that led to surgery. That’s why he chose to get to England a day earlier than usual _ Saturday _ to get acclimated to links golf at Royal Liverpool.
He at least can count on his health. Even though Woods missed the cut at Congressional in his return three weeks ago, he was pleased at having no setbacks, and even has been to the gym a couple of times this week.
As for his goals? They haven’t changed. When asked what would be a reasonable result at his first major of the year, Woods, replied, “First.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Emergency Special Election Will Replace Texas’ Farenthold
- 2 Officers, One Civilian Shot At Dallas Home Depot
- Court Orders Judge To Free Rapper Meek Mill On Bail
- Dallas 80-Year-Old To Graduate College After 12-Year Effort
- Texas Unveils Special Education Fix After Denying Services
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures