GPISD To Hold Public Meeting About Housing Immigrant Children
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – Grand Prairie residents will soon learn more about Dallas County’s plan to house undocumented children in one of the city’s schools.
Officials say there’s been a lot of misinformation about using the former Lamar Alternative School building as a temporary shelter for those children.
The school has been identified as one of three possible sites to host as many as 2,000 unaccompanied children who have crossed into Texas illegally.
Earlier this month, Grand Prairie’s mayor and other elected officials complained they were being shut out of the planning process for housing the children.
An informational meeting is being held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Grand Prairie ISD education center, located on Beltline, just south of Pioneer Parkway.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texan Arrested After Taking Loaded Guns To 9/11 Memorial
- I-Team: Uber Driver Accused Of Rape Used Fake City Permit
- Dallas Arboretum Offers $1 Admission Through August
- Police Department Seizes Bike Team’s Legally Registered Trailer
- Lockbox Full Of Animal Drugs Missing In Irving
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures