LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — Texas Tech has reinstated a highly regarded defensive back from Miami who last month broke the jaw of a Lady Raiders basketball player.
Tech athletics spokesman Blayne Beal said Wednesday that Nigel Bethel II will return to the team, but will sit out the first three games of his first season.
Berthel punched Amber Battle her during a June 28 pickup basketball game at the campus recreation center and was dismissed from the football program the next day. However, Lubbock County grand jurors declined to indict Bethel on an aggravated assault charge Tuesday.
Coach Kliff Kingsbury said as more information on the incident came to light, the decision to dismiss Bethel was revisited.
Battle, who has acknowledged shoving Bethel first, will sit out games in November.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oak Cliff Library Checks Out More Than Books
- North Texas Woman Gets $55,000 Hotel Bill For ‘Unspecified Damages’
- Promising Wonder Pill Adds Years To Dog’s Life
- Rangers To Retire Uniform Number Of Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez
- President Trump Signs First Executive Order Regarding Obamacare
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures