DALLAS (AP) – A large, colorful billboard from the 1937 release of the animated film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” has been sold at auction for $10,755.
In a statement, Heritage Auctions said it was not identifying the winning bidder. The Dallas-based auction house had said the rare billboard was expected to sell for at least $10,000 on Saturday.
The 20-by-9-foot billboard was printed in England to promote the Disney film there. It features three scenes, the main one showing a rosy-cheeked Snow White in front of a castle in her classic outfit with bright yellow skirt, surrounded by the dwarfs and other characters from the film.
The billboard had been in a private collection for more than a decade.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Latest DPD Recruiting Class Inspired By Tragedy
- Unbalanced Diets Could Cause Copper Toxicity
- Seventy Years In Police Work And Still Going Strong
- Keller ISD Taking Heat For ‘Opt Out’ Option On Watching Inauguration
- Mother, Grandmother Of Accused Cop Killer Say He’s A Schizophrenic
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures