Pedestrian & Dog Killed On Garland Highway
Get Breaking News First
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A man and his dog were struck and killed by a bus early Sunday morning on the 119000 block of I.H. 635 near Garland Road.
Officers arrived and found a male and a medium sized dog lying dead in the roadway.
Traffic investigators believed the man attempted to cross the road with his dog.
Police confirm the cause of death as fail to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic by the male pedestrian.
The bus driver stopped and waited for police and paramedics to arrive.
For three hours the West bound traffic was limited to only one lane.
The pedestrian has not been positively identified by police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- U.S. Launches First Airstrikes Against ISIS In Syria
- Starbucks Tests Latte With Stout Flavor
- Oncor Settles With Cancer Patient Before His Death
- North Texas Doctor Searching For More Efficient PTSD Treatment
- Big 12 Readies For Conference Play
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures