GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A man and his dog were struck and killed by a bus early Sunday morning on the 119000 block of I.H. 635 near Garland Road.
Officers arrived and found a male and a medium sized dog lying dead in the roadway.
Traffic investigators believed the man attempted to cross the road with his dog.
Police confirm the cause of death as fail to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic by the male pedestrian.
The bus driver stopped and waited for police and paramedics to arrive.
For three hours the West bound traffic was limited to only one lane.
The pedestrian has not been positively identified by police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Nick Faldo On The Northern Trust: ‘Always Fun To See Who Might Step Up’
- Navy Dismisses Commander After Two Deadly Warship Accidents
- Former CIA Agent Wants To Buy Twitter To Ban Trump
- Samsung Unveils Successor To Note 7 Phone
- Trump Criticizes GOP Senator By Name
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures