Pedestrian & Dog Killed On Garland Highway
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A man and his dog were struck and killed by a bus early Sunday morning on the 119000 block of I.H. 635 near Garland Road.
Officers arrived and found a male and a medium sized dog lying dead in the roadway.
Traffic investigators believed the man attempted to cross the road with his dog.
Police confirm the cause of death as fail to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic by the male pedestrian.
The bus driver stopped and waited for police and paramedics to arrive.
For three hours the West bound traffic was limited to only one lane.
The pedestrian has not been positively identified by police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures