GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A man and his dog were struck and killed by a bus early Sunday morning on the 119000 block of I.H. 635 near Garland Road.
Officers arrived and found a male and a medium sized dog lying dead in the roadway.
Traffic investigators believed the man attempted to cross the road with his dog.
Police confirm the cause of death as fail to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic by the male pedestrian.
The bus driver stopped and waited for police and paramedics to arrive.
For three hours the West bound traffic was limited to only one lane.
The pedestrian has not been positively identified by police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New Voter ID Bill Prompts Texas To Ask Court For More Time
- Teen’s Warning About Shirt Wrapped Around Windshield Goes Viral
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Western Conference
- House Speaker Ryan Getting Firsthand Look At US-Mexico Border
- President Trump To Revoke Obama’s Transgender Bathroom Guidance
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures