GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A man and his dog were struck and killed by a bus early Sunday morning on the 119000 block of I.H. 635 near Garland Road.
Officers arrived and found a male and a medium sized dog lying dead in the roadway.
Traffic investigators believed the man attempted to cross the road with his dog.
Police confirm the cause of death as fail to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic by the male pedestrian.
The bus driver stopped and waited for police and paramedics to arrive.
For three hours the West bound traffic was limited to only one lane.
The pedestrian has not been positively identified by police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Senators: Balance Zero-Tolerance And Compassion
- Teen Struck By Pickup While Skateboarding Dies In Arms Of Man Trying To Save Him
- Border Agents Rescue Migrant From Top Of Train In New Mexico
- Grapevine Police Catch Wrong-Way Driver, Make DWI Arrest
- Deputy Reunited With Child He Saved From Hot Car
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures