DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Alabama will be starting the 2014 season with a new face at quarterback. Florida State is returning a Heisman Trophy winner.
Nevertheless, the two schools are identical favorites to win the 2014-15 College Football FBS Championship at 11/2, according to Bovada.
Jacob Coker, who transferred to Alabama prior to the season from Florida State, will get the starting nod for the Crimson Tide. New QB and all, oddsmakers understand what head coach Nick Saban has built at Alabama — and are giving them the familiar label as title favorites.
Jameis Winston returns to lead the defending national champion Seminoles, and will look to become just the second athlete to win multiple Hesiman trophies.
Oregon (7/1), Oklahoma (9/1), and Auburn (10/1) round out the top five.
The Big 12 is also represented on the list by Baylor (28/1), Texas (50/1), Kansas State (100/1), Oklahoma State (150/1), TCU (200/1), and Texas Tech (200/1).
Odds to win the 2014-2015 College Football FBS Championship
- Fort Worth Company Managing Several Inauguration Events
- Texas Couple’s Board Game Pokes Fun At 2016 Election
- Report: NFL Admits Mistake On Unsportsmanlike Huddle Penalty On Brice Butler
- Raiders File Papers To Move From Oakland To Las Vegas
- Elder President Bush Had A ‘Good Night’, Barbara Also Better