DALLAS, TX (CBSDFW.COM) – An SMU staff member reported being robbed of her purse at gunpoint about 7:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The woman said a white male got out of a dark-colored, two door sedan being driven by a white female with blond hair, near the Bridwell Library and the Owens Art Center near Bishop Boulevard. She said the suspect took her purse and fled in the sedan toward Hillcrest.
The male is described as being in his late 20s, with brown hair, wearing a green do-rag or bandana. The suspect was wearing a dark shirt and blue jeans. No further description was given of the female. The gun was described as a chrome revolver with a medium-size barrel.
SMU Police are investigating and ask anyone with any information contact the department at 214-768-3333. Information can also be submitted anonymously through the department Silent Witness Program by calling 214-SMU-STIP or submitted online at www.smu.edu/2tip.
The SMU Police Department also shares these safety tips:
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid walking alone, especially at night
- Do not open your door to strangers, especially at night
- If you see or hear anything suspicious, call 911 immediately
- If you are the victim of a crime, call 911 or the SMU Police at 214-768-3333 as soon as possible. Time is of the essence in such situations
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Charged With Murder After Stabbing At Job Placement Center
- Mumps Immunizations Required For Returning Cleburne Students
- Children’s Parade Canceled; Hotel & Guests Find Silver Lining
- Snapchat Allegedly Leads To Beer Pong And Student/Teacher Sex
- Judge Rules Against Police & Fire Pension Injunction