NEW YORK (AP) – Nonprofit organization Goodwill Industries Inc. is working with federal officials to investigate a possible security breach.
The Rockville, Maryland-based organization says it was contacted Friday by a payment card industry fraud investigative unit and federal authorities who said payment card numbers may have been stolen from some U.S. stores. Investigators are reviewing information but so far no data breach has been discovered.
Goodwill operates more than 2,900 stores and takes in annual retail sales of $3.79 billion. It sells donated merchandise to fund job programs.
Goodwill says it is working with credit card makers, the Secret Service and fraud investigators to figure out if a breach occurred.
Its investigation follows a spate of high-profile data breaches at Target, Neiman Marcus and other retailers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez To Fish: ‘My Message To Cowboys Nation’
- Woman Assaulted, Robbed On Katy Trail
- Highland Village Police Commander Graduates From FBI Academy
- United States Senator Honors DPD Chief David Brown For Service
- UTA Student Tweet Goes Viral After Switching Pants With Friend