NEW YORK (AP) – Nonprofit organization Goodwill Industries Inc. is working with federal officials to investigate a possible security breach.
The Rockville, Maryland-based organization says it was contacted Friday by a payment card industry fraud investigative unit and federal authorities who said payment card numbers may have been stolen from some U.S. stores. Investigators are reviewing information but so far no data breach has been discovered.
Goodwill operates more than 2,900 stores and takes in annual retail sales of $3.79 billion. It sells donated merchandise to fund job programs.
Goodwill says it is working with credit card makers, the Secret Service and fraud investigators to figure out if a breach occurred.
Its investigation follows a spate of high-profile data breaches at Target, Neiman Marcus and other retailers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Harvey Weinstein Uses Quotes From Female Celebrities In His Defense
- Grand Prairie Restaurant Destroyed In Early Morning Fire
- Walmart To Launch New Online Home Shopping Experience
- #MeToo Ushers In New Era Of Consequences, But Can’t Erase The Fear
- Smith’s 21 Help Oklahoma State Upset No. 6 Texas Tech 79-71