FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Dallas Stars and 24-year-old versatile forward Antoine Roussel have agreed to terms on a new four-year contract.
Roussel played in 81 games last season, when he had 29 points (14 goals and 15 assists) and 209 penalty minutes, making him the only player in the NHL with more than 25 points and 150 penalty minutes. Roussel had three assists and 27 penalty minutes in the Stars’ six-game playoff series against Anaheim.
“Since coming into the NHL, Antoine has been a very effective and hard player for opposing teams to compete against,” said General Manager Jim Nill . “His skill combined with his competitive grit create energy for our club that impacts our whole lineup.”
A native of Roubaix, France, Roussel went undrafted and was initially signed by Dallas as a free agent on July 2, 2012.
The deal was announced Tuesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 3-Year-Old Dies After Found In Hot Car In Fort Worth
- Police: Man Shot, Killed In Apparent Road Rage Incident In Arlington
- Water Rescue Crews Searching For Man At White Rock Lake
- Girls Back In Custody After Leaving Dallas Transition Center
- Jordan Spieth Holes Bunker Shot To Win Travelers Playoff