Garland Officers Pull Teens From Burning Vehicle After Chase
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) — Officers in Garland helped three teenagers escape a burning vehicle that crashed during a chase with police early Wednesday morning. The vehicle had been reported stolen in Dallas just hours earlier.
A chase began around 2:30 a.m. when police spotted the stolen 2012 Toyota Camry in the area of Jupiter Road and Kingsley Road. Officers initiated a traffic stop, but the vehicle fled.
In the 2100 block of Kingsley Road, the driver lost control of the Toyota and left the roadway. The vehicle drove over a fire hydrant, through a vacant lot on Ballinger Drive, and crashed into a group of trees where it caught fire.
The officers pulled the three teenage males from the burning vehicle and called paramedics.
Two of the teens were transported to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. The third teen was transported to Baylor Hospital.
The names and conditions of the teenagers, who are believed to live in Dallas, have not been released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway