GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) — Officers in Garland helped three teenagers escape a burning vehicle that crashed during a chase with police early Wednesday morning. The vehicle had been reported stolen in Dallas just hours earlier.
A chase began around 2:30 a.m. when police spotted the stolen 2012 Toyota Camry in the area of Jupiter Road and Kingsley Road. Officers initiated a traffic stop, but the vehicle fled.
In the 2100 block of Kingsley Road, the driver lost control of the Toyota and left the roadway. The vehicle drove over a fire hydrant, through a vacant lot on Ballinger Drive, and crashed into a group of trees where it caught fire.
The officers pulled the three teenage males from the burning vehicle and called paramedics.
Two of the teens were transported to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. The third teen was transported to Baylor Hospital.
The names and conditions of the teenagers, who are believed to live in Dallas, have not been released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Boedker Scores Twice To Help Sharks Beat Stars 5-2
- Austin Dillon Takes No. 3 Back To Victory Lane At Daytona
- Doctors Remind That It’s Not Too Late To Get The Flu Shot
- High Court Asked To Iron Out Polling Place Clothing Dispute
- Original Picasso Print Stolen From Milwaukee Art Gallery