NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (AP) – North Texas police say they’ve charged a man in the death of his granddaughter for leaving the child in a hot vehicle for eight hours after forgetting to take her to day care.
North Richland Hills police said in a release Wednesday that 59-year-old James Hollingsworth is charged with injury to a child/recklessly by omission. He turned himself in Wednesday, posted bond and has been released.
Police say Hollingsworth gave his daughter a ride to work April 22 and then was supposed to take 20-month-old Aurora Hollingsworth to day care. He instead returned home, leaving the child in the vehicle.
When he later picked up his 11-year-old grandson from school, the boy told him something was wrong with Aurora.
Hollingsworth then called 911.
A phone listing for Hollingsworth was not available.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Photos Capture Special Moments At Barbara Bush’s Funeral
- Ezekiel Elliott Pop-Up Store Appears In Dallas
- Andrew Landry Wins Texas Open For First PGA Tour Title
- Rangers Avoid Series Sweep With 7-4 Win Over Mariners
- Southwest Airlines Cancels Flights For Fan Blade Inspections