NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (AP) – North Texas police say they’ve charged a man in the death of his granddaughter for leaving the child in a hot vehicle for eight hours after forgetting to take her to day care.
North Richland Hills police said in a release Wednesday that 59-year-old James Hollingsworth is charged with injury to a child/recklessly by omission. He turned himself in Wednesday, posted bond and has been released.
Police say Hollingsworth gave his daughter a ride to work April 22 and then was supposed to take 20-month-old Aurora Hollingsworth to day care. He instead returned home, leaving the child in the vehicle.
When he later picked up his 11-year-old grandson from school, the boy told him something was wrong with Aurora.
Hollingsworth then called 911.
A phone listing for Hollingsworth was not available.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Lose Big Lead And Game To Indians
- Road Rage Victim’s Family: ‘It’s Tough For Us All, But We’ll Make It Through’
- Public May Soon Have Access To 300-Year-Old Forest
- Praise, Criticism Of Supreme Court Decision On Temporary Travel Ban
- Dallas Among Cities Challenging Texas Sanctuary Cities Law In Court