NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (AP) – North Texas police say they’ve charged a man in the death of his granddaughter for leaving the child in a hot vehicle for eight hours after forgetting to take her to day care.
North Richland Hills police said in a release Wednesday that 59-year-old James Hollingsworth is charged with injury to a child/recklessly by omission. He turned himself in Wednesday, posted bond and has been released.
Police say Hollingsworth gave his daughter a ride to work April 22 and then was supposed to take 20-month-old Aurora Hollingsworth to day care. He instead returned home, leaving the child in the vehicle.
When he later picked up his 11-year-old grandson from school, the boy told him something was wrong with Aurora.
Hollingsworth then called 911.
A phone listing for Hollingsworth was not available.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0
- Crashes After Fiat Chrysler Gear Shifters Confuse Drivers
- Online Dating Services Racking Up BBB Complaints
- American To Add 5 New Gates At Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
- Obama Asking Congress For Emergency Funding To Combat Zika