AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – A Texas state department says a company hired to make specialty license plates has hit its required $25 million revenue goal a few months early.
My Plates has sold more than 199,000 license plates since 2009. It received a contract from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles that year to market and sell specialty plates.
Texas lawmakers authorized the contract as a way to raise $25 million for the state over five years. The company met its current revenue obligation to Texas four months ahead of schedule.
The department renewed its contract with the company this March for another five years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Expect Pain At The Gas Pump This Holiday Weekend And Beyond
- Tulsa Police Chase Ends When Patrol Car Hits Her
- Stream The Fort Worth Invitational
- Shooter Who Murdered His Children, Let Ex-Wife Live On Purpose
- Doxakis, Texas A&M Shut Down Auburn, 4-2 In SEC