Cowboys LB McClain Misses Start Of Camp For Trial
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Dallas linebacker Rolando McClain missed the start of training camp to return to Alabama for trial on charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said McClain returned to his home state Wednesday, and the team was hopeful he would get back from Decatur, Alabama, in time for the third day of camp workouts Saturday.
McClain’s trial was set for Friday after a judge rejected a delay. McClain traveled with the team from Dallas to Oxnard, California, on Tuesday.
The Cowboys acquired the rights to McClain from Baltimore on July 1. He was the eighth overall pick by Oakland out of Alabama in 2010 but hasn’t played since 2012.
McClain has been arrested three times in Decatur since 2011.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Auditor Criticizes Program Run By Schools
- Mother’s Intuition Screamed ‘Predator’ After Run-In With Child Abuser
- Traffic Alert: TxDOT Switching Lanes ON 75
- Traffic Switch Has Driver After Driver Crashing Into Berry Street Median
- 103-Year-Old North Texas Woman Fights To Keep Her House