Cowboys LB McClain Misses Start Of Camp For Trial
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Dallas linebacker Rolando McClain missed the start of training camp to return to Alabama for trial on charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said McClain returned to his home state Wednesday, and the team was hopeful he would get back from Decatur, Alabama, in time for the third day of camp workouts Saturday.
McClain’s trial was set for Friday after a judge rejected a delay. McClain traveled with the team from Dallas to Oxnard, California, on Tuesday.
The Cowboys acquired the rights to McClain from Baltimore on July 1. He was the eighth overall pick by Oakland out of Alabama in 2010 but hasn’t played since 2012.
McClain has been arrested three times in Decatur since 2011.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New York City Police Officers Killed In Patrol Car Shooting
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Harris County Grand Juries Lack Hispanics