Mack Brown To Serve As ABC Studio Analyst
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) - Former Texas coach Mack Brown will serve as a studio analyst for college football games on ABC.
Brown stepped down in December after 16 years with the Longhorns, winning the national title after the 2005 season.
Brown will appear on “College Football Countdown” and offer pregame, halftime and postgame commentary for the games on ABC, including “Saturday Night Football.” He will work with host John Saunders and former Florida State quarterback Danny Kanell.
ESPN also said Thursday that former Miami and North Carolina coach Butch Davis will serve as an analyst for ESPN2’s studio coverage on Saturdays.
Davis was fired by the Tar Heels in 2011 during an NCAA investigation. He led the Hurricanes back to national prominence while coaching them from 1995-2000. In between, there was a mostly unsuccessful NFL stint with the Cleveland Browns.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DPD Bicycle Officer Collapses While On The Job
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Shoot Or Don’t Shoot? Simulator Puts Citizens In Police Officer’s Shoes
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- With Water Restrictions Easing Soon, Will Residents Return To Old Ways?