BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) – Former Texas coach Mack Brown will serve as a studio analyst for college football games on ABC.
Brown stepped down in December after 16 years with the Longhorns, winning the national title after the 2005 season.
Brown will appear on “College Football Countdown” and offer pregame, halftime and postgame commentary for the games on ABC, including “Saturday Night Football.” He will work with host John Saunders and former Florida State quarterback Danny Kanell.
ESPN also said Thursday that former Miami and North Carolina coach Butch Davis will serve as an analyst for ESPN2’s studio coverage on Saturdays.
Davis was fired by the Tar Heels in 2011 during an NCAA investigation. He led the Hurricanes back to national prominence while coaching them from 1995-2000. In between, there was a mostly unsuccessful NFL stint with the Cleveland Browns.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Illinois Court Upholds Murder Conviction Of Drew Peterson
- Review: Video Upgrade Makes New Apple TV Worth It
- Kahn: The Year Of The Long Ball
- Toys R Us Revs Up Holiday Hiring Despite Bankruptcy
- Trio Arrested For Murders Tied To Woman Found In Trinity River