Mavs Make It Official, Sign Former All-Star PG Jameer Nelson
DALLAS, Texas (AP) – The Dallas Mavericks have signed former All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson as a free agent.
Terms of the deal announced Thursday weren’t released, but it is reportedly a one-year contract for the team’s salary cap exception of $2.7 million with a player option for another year at roughly the same amount.
Nelson spent his first 10 seasons with Orlando after the Magic acquired his rights from Denver, which took him with the 20th overall pick in 2004. The 32-year-old has career averages of 12.6 points and 5.4 assists.
Orlando waived its career leader in assists on June 30.
Nelson was an All-Star in 2009, when he averaged 16.7 points and shot 45 percent from 3-point range.
He joins a crowded list at point guard alongside Devin Harris and Raymond Felton.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial
- Specialized Veterinary Care Worth The Price For Pet Owners
- Softball Team Plays For First Time Since Fatal Crash