HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – Former baseball star Chuck Knoblauch has been charged with misdemeanor assault after authorities in Houston say he hit and pushed his ex-wife.
Knoblauch has been released on $10,000 bond. His first court date is set for July 30. The four-time All-Star previously served a year of probation after being convicted of hitting his previous wife in 2010.
Knoblauch played for the Minnesota Twins, New York Yankees and Kansas City Royals during a 12-year career.
He was set to be inducted into the Twins Hall of Fame in August. The Twins issued a statement Thursday saying that “in light of recent news reports surrounding Chuck Knoblauch, as well as direct communication” with Knoblauch, they have decided to cancel the Aug. 23 ceremony.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Survey: 15 Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Hate Killing Suspect’s Kin ‘Shocked, Horrified’