MLB Star Knoblauch Charged In Houston With Assaulting Ex-Wife
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – Former baseball star Chuck Knoblauch has been charged with misdemeanor assault after authorities in Houston say he hit and pushed his ex-wife.
Knoblauch has been released on $10,000 bond. His first court date is set for July 30. The four-time All-Star previously served a year of probation after being convicted of hitting his previous wife in 2010.
Knoblauch played for the Minnesota Twins, New York Yankees and Kansas City Royals during a 12-year career.
He was set to be inducted into the Twins Hall of Fame in August. The Twins issued a statement Thursday saying that “in light of recent news reports surrounding Chuck Knoblauch, as well as direct communication” with Knoblauch, they have decided to cancel the Aug. 23 ceremony.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Jason Day Runs Away With The Barclays
- Android Smartwatches Now Work With iPhone
- Jeep Cherokee SUVs Recalled For Wiper Defect
- 7 Texas A&M Mascots Remain Buried Outside Updated Kyle Field
- Rangers Notebook: Who Will Be The 2016 Closer, Fielder Slump, Gimenez Behind The Plate