HUNTSVILLE (AP) — Texas prison officials say they plan no changes in lethal injection procedures in the wake of problems with an execution in Arizona.
Unlike Arizona, which used a two-drug protocol of midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone for an execution Wednesday that took two hours, Texas uses a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark says the agency has used the single drug since 2012 for 33 executions without complication.
At least 10 Texas inmates have execution dates scheduled in the coming months.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Armed Robber Strikes Allen Subway
- Will Derrick Rose Save The Knicks… Can Anyone?
- Texans Talks Succession On Heels Of Britain Rejection To EU
- Settlement Reached In Lawsuit Over Alamo Library Items
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Stars Off-Season Moves & More