HUNTSVILLE (AP) — Texas prison officials say they plan no changes in lethal injection procedures in the wake of problems with an execution in Arizona.
Unlike Arizona, which used a two-drug protocol of midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone for an execution Wednesday that took two hours, Texas uses a single dose of the sedative pentobarbital.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark says the agency has used the single drug since 2012 for 33 executions without complication.
At least 10 Texas inmates have execution dates scheduled in the coming months.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Study Links Legalized Pot With Increase In Car Crash Claims
- Phelps & Biles Among ESPY Award Finalists
- Edmonton’s McDavid Wins Hart Trophy As NHL MVP
- Bedford PD Busy With Missing Teen & Landfill Body Investigations
- Police Look For Clues In Dallas Man’s Shooting Death