Robbie Lawler Poised For Another UFC Title Shot
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Robbie Lawler believes he’s ready for another shot at the UFC welterweight championship he let slip through his hands four months ago.
A number of fighters in the division can make the same claim. But the 32-year-old Lawler is the clear-cut favorite with four wins and a narrow loss in his five fights since returning to the UFC.
That lone loss was to Johny Hendricks at UFC 171 in March when the two fought for the vacant title left open after former champ Georges St. Pierre stepped down, saying he needed a break from the sport.
Lawler (23-10, 19 KOs) is expected to get another crack at Hawkins, provided the top-ranked contender beats knockout artist Matt Brown (21-11, 13 KOs) in Saturday’s main event.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway