Robbie Lawler Poised For Another UFC Title Shot
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Robbie Lawler believes he’s ready for another shot at the UFC welterweight championship he let slip through his hands four months ago.
A number of fighters in the division can make the same claim. But the 32-year-old Lawler is the clear-cut favorite with four wins and a narrow loss in his five fights since returning to the UFC.
That lone loss was to Johny Hendricks at UFC 171 in March when the two fought for the vacant title left open after former champ Georges St. Pierre stepped down, saying he needed a break from the sport.
Lawler (23-10, 19 KOs) is expected to get another crack at Hawkins, provided the top-ranked contender beats knockout artist Matt Brown (21-11, 13 KOs) in Saturday’s main event.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two Women Rescued From Ft. Worth House Fire Critically Injured
- Man Fathers Daughter’s Child, Arrested For Sexual Abuse
- Indictment: Former Texas Surgeon So Derelict He Left 2 Dead
- New DPS Aircraft Named in Honor of Fallen Trooper
- First Human West Nile Case Reported In Tarrant County