105.3 THE FAN — I walk out to the main gathering area at camp to go buy some goodies for my 2 boys, Luca and Julian, because…that’s what Dads do.
We buy our child’s love and affection through gifts obtained via travel.
Outside the practice facility, where the fun is happening, is a city that seems to be bigger and better each year. More booths, more food, bigger selection at the gift shop. The works.
They’ve got a DJ, an Emcee, a sea of TV’s that double as a mall on wheels. It continues to be the massive event that Oxnard always wants it to be. Jerry and the Cowboys continue to put on a great show for camp. They get it. They’ve managed to cultivate such a following in SoCal that whenever the NFL decides to move a team back here they’ll have to fight with the Cowboys for fans.
The sad part is, lately, the most successful and organized part of the Cowboys is happening outside the football field.
But hey, if you aren’t winning on the field, you better win off it.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Capitals, Ovechkin Finally Heading To The Stanley Cup Final
- The Kingdom, Ring Of Honor Champs, Tells An Epic Wrestling Story
- Rockets To Honor Texas School Shooting Victims Before Game 5
- Dak & Zeke Increase Cowboys Roles With Dez & Witten Gone
- Milwaukee Chief Apologizes For Arrest Of Bucks Guard Sterling Brown