Rangers Sign New Sunflower Seeds Deal
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
WAHPETON, N.D. (AP) - A North Dakota-based snack food company has inked a deal with a third Major League Baseball team.
Giants Snacks Inc. is now the official provider of sunflower seeds to the Texas Rangers. The Wahpeton company partnered with the Minnesota Twins in 2004 and with the Colorado Rockies in 2007.
Vice President of Marketing Robert Schuler tells The Daily News that the deal with the Rangers will boost name recognition for the brand in Texas and help grow sales.
Schuler says baseball and sunflower seeds go together — and the company’s association with pro baseball teams is a natural fit. He says Giants Snacks is eyeing California as a possible next target.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Denton Police Look For Suspect In Apartment Shooting
- FW Firefighters Rescue Man From Mobile Home
- Cowboys Playoff-Bound And FishTip Says ‘At Home’ Is Good
- Cowboys Dismantle Colts 42-7 To Win NFC East
- Eight Horses Die In Stable Fire
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting