OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Tony Romo will sit out a competitive practice for the first time at training camp as the Dallas quarterback continues to ease his way into playing shape coming off back surgery.
Coach Jason Garrett said Romo wouldn’t participate in the afternoon practice Tuesday after getting “mental work” in the morning walkthrough session.
Garrett said Romo has not had any setbacks. Romo skipped some lighter sessions earlier in camp, but went through the first two full-pad workouts Saturday and Sunday. The team was off Monday.
Romo had surgery for a herniated disk in late December after getting injured against Washington. He missed the finale against Philadelphia. It was the second procedure on Romo’s back in eight months.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- EPA Keeps Scientists From Speaking About Report On Climate
- With Possible Injury For Bailey, Cowboys To Audition Kickers
- Customers Complain About Dallas-Based Medical Supply Company
- Parents Of Missing Girl In Court, As Officials Work To ID Body Found
- Bergdahl Could Get Life In Prison For Endangering Comrades
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting