Greg Ives To Crew Chief Earnhardt In 2015
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Greg Ives will return to Hendrick Motorsports next season as crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Ives was race engineer for Jimmie Johnson’s record five consecutive championships. He moved to JR Motorsports in 2013 for his first crew chief job, with Regan Smith in the Nationwide Series.
Ives was moved to rookie Chase Elliott’s pit stand this season. He has five Nationwide wins, including three with points leader Elliott.
Hendrick has been on a search for a crew chief for NASCAR’s most popular driver all season. Steve Letarte announced in January he was stepping down at the end of the year to take an analyst position with NBC Sports.
Earnhardt and Letarte opened the season with a Daytona 500 victory. Earnhardt is ranked second in the Sprint Cup standings.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- David Ragan To Replace Vickers At MWR For Rest Of NASCAR Season
- Another Major Company Relocating To Plano
- Argyle Construction Resumes After Deaths
- Texas A&M Galveston Professor Fails Entire Class
- Tony Award Nominations Announced
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting