DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — During a rally for Israel in Dallas, Governor Rick Perry told attendees that America must end a “policy of calculated ambivalence” toward the Middle East.
(Click the video above to watch Perry’s speech in its entirety)
But Perry mostly refrained from attacking American policy toward Israel in his brief speech Wednesday.
Several hundred people waved white-and-blue flags and cheered as Perry described his visits to Israel and his desire that the country remain a Jewish state.
Thousands of people have died during several weeks of fighting between Israeli soldiers and insurgents in the Palestinian territory of Gaza.
Perry has long touted his support for Israel as the Republican finishes his last term as governor and explores a second run for president.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Study: Mosquitoes Prefer Pregnant Women, People Who Drink And Athletes
- I-Team Exclusive: Murdered Dallas Lawyer’s Widow Talks
- Fort Worth Amends Ridesharing Ordinance
- SPCA Seizes 15 Cruelly Treated, Neglected Animals
- TCU Ex Trevone Boykin Charged With Assault For Alamo Bowl Bar Brawl
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting