Hamlin Confident In Interim Crew Chief Wheeler
Sports Fan Insider
LONG POND, Pa. (AP) – Denny Hamlin says he’ll use this week’s suspension of his crew chief as motivation to prove his car can go fast “no matter what.”
Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Darian Grubb and car Wesley Sherrill were both suspended through the Sept. 6 race at Richmond. Grubb, the crew chief, was also fined $125,000. Team engineer Mike Wheeler will fill in as the crew chief.
It strips Hamlin of two vital crew members during the stretch of the season he would be putting the finishing touches on preparations for NASCAR’s title-deciding, 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
Speaking Friday at Pocono Raceway, Hamlin says the punishment could be a positive because Grubb can spend more time at the shop working on cars.
Hamlin says of Wheeler: “I’m pretty confident that he’s going to do a good job and really I’m not concerned with any of his experience with handling people.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Nina Pham Returns To Dallas But Must Wait For Dog
- Texas Shut Out By Kansas State, 23-0
- Fort Bliss Soldiers To Deploy For Ebola Mission
- Data Crunchers Help North Texans Choose A College
- Texas Mom Charged After Son Takes Gun To School
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting