Cowboys’ Romo Says He Will Skip Preseason Opener
OXNARD, Calif. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Despite feeling “100 percent” after offseason back surgery, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will not play in the team’s preseason opener at San Diego.
The Dallas quarterback also planned to sit out a day of practice this week, the latest indication that the Cowboys are closely managing the 34-year-old Romo’s recovery.
Romo pushed himself through a long practice on the team’s ninth workout day of camp Sunday. He had been off the previous two days and skipped two practices earlier.
Speaking with 105.3 The Fan last week, Romo admitted that the back will likely linger as an issue, but that doesn’t mean it will inhibit his performance on the field.
“That doesn’t mean I can’t go out and do things 100 percent,” said Romo. “It just means you probably couldn’t do it over and over and over again and do it four times a day. At training camp, we’re just trying to be smart.”
Seven months removed from surgery for a herniated disk, Romo acknowledges that his workout routine has changed significantly.
The Cowboys play the Chargers on Thursday night.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon