East Texas Man Charged With Killing Girlfriend
PAYNE SPRINGS, Texas (AP) - An East Texas man who originally reported his girlfriend’s death as a possible suicide has been charged in the slaying.
Henderson County jail records show 50-year-old Clyde Jason Tennison was being held Monday on a murder charge with bond set at $1 million.
Deputies early Saturday responded to Tennison’s home in Payne Springs when he reported finding 47-year-old Deborah Denise Allen dead.
Chief Deputy Botie Hillhouse on Monday said that Tennison suggested the case was a suicide.
A statement from the sheriff’s office says Tennison was arrested after evidence indicated the death was not consistent with suicide. Preliminary autopsy results show Allen had blunt force trauma, lacerations and stab wounds.
Hillhouse had no information on an attorney for Tennison.
Payne Springs is 50 miles southeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- Bass Collection Opens At Kimbell Art Museum In Fort Worth
- Weather Forces Cancellation Of North Texas Marathon