IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was shot and killed outside the drive-through window at a McDonald’s restaurant in Irving early Monday, police said.
The initial call came in around 1 a.m. at the restaurant located along the Airport Freeway at Carl Road.
When officers arrived, they found a man dead in the parking lot with a gunshot wound.
“The victim is an as yet unidentified male,” said Irving Police spokesman James McLellan. “The suspects were not at the scene upon our arrival. Detectives are there now and the investigation is underway.”
Police tape cordoned off access to the restaurant during the overnight hours as police, homicide detectives and crime scene investigators worked the incident.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner was called to the scene.
The name of the victim was not released early Monday morning, and police said they did not expect any updates until later in the day.
©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Exploding Toilets: No Laughing Matter
- Redskins take TCU receiver Doctson With 22nd Pick
- Plant Power Cell Phone Charging Device In Development
- New Mexico Sues Texas Oil Company For Lease Payments
- Oklahoma Legislators Seek Change In Sodomy Law After Ruling
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting