BEREA, Ohio (AP) – Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel has taken his first snaps in training camp with Cleveland’s starters.
Manziel is trying to beat out Brian Hoyer for the starting job. The former Heisman Trophy winner from Texas A&M had worked exclusively with Cleveland’s second-string offense until Monday.
On his first play of 11-on-11 drills, Manziel completed a 40-yard pass to Travis Benjamin. The wide receiver came back to grab the underthrown ball. Moments later, Manziel’s tipped pass intended for Josh Gordon was intercepted by safety Donte Whitner.
Browns coach Mike Pettine had promised he would give Manziel time with the first-unit offense, and he decided to do it as the team prepares for Saturday’s exhibition opener in Detroit.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bonnie Tyler To Sing ‘Total Eclipse’ Hit During Eclipse
- State Lawmaker Wants Confederate Plaque Removed From Texas Capitol
- National Parks Service Ends Ban On Disposable Water Bottles
- Input Wanted On Possible Cotton Belt Commuter Rail
- Veterans Get Expanded College Assistance Under Trump
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting