BEREA, Ohio (AP) – Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel has taken his first snaps in training camp with Cleveland’s starters.
Manziel is trying to beat out Brian Hoyer for the starting job. The former Heisman Trophy winner from Texas A&M had worked exclusively with Cleveland’s second-string offense until Monday.
On his first play of 11-on-11 drills, Manziel completed a 40-yard pass to Travis Benjamin. The wide receiver came back to grab the underthrown ball. Moments later, Manziel’s tipped pass intended for Josh Gordon was intercepted by safety Donte Whitner.
Browns coach Mike Pettine had promised he would give Manziel time with the first-unit offense, and he decided to do it as the team prepares for Saturday’s exhibition opener in Detroit.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Tips For Buying Jewelry (In Time For Valentine’s Day)
- Women Robbed At Gunpoint Frustrated With Police Response
- Child Fighting For Life After Siblings Die In Crash
- Sex Assaults Up In Dallas; Police Say There’s More To The Story
- Sanders, Trump Win New Hampshire Primaries
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting