AUSTIN (AP) — Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis is in Austin and plans a chat with reporters.
The state senator from Fort Worth is set to meet Tuesday with the news media at Democratic campaign headquarters in Travis County.
Davis has been a fundraising powerhouse, announcing she’d raked in $11.2 million from late February through June.
But her Republican opponent, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, reported raising nearly as much over the same period. And he began last month sporting $36 million in campaign cash.
That’s nearly triple what Davis reported having on hand.
Davis remains a heavy underdog in the race, but says she remains confident _ despite Abbott’s sizeable money advantage ahead of the November election.
A Democrat hasn’t won a statewide election in Texas in 20 years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Loss To Packers Was Painful, But Not The Most Heartbreaking
- Jones Says Romo “Will Play In A Superbowl,” Would Not Specify Team
- Wal-Mart To Add About 10,000 Retail Jobs In The U.S.
- Cowboys Season In Review: Dallas Exceeded All Expectations in 2016 Despite Early Playoff Loss
- “Momentous Changes” Push Back Ivanka Trump’s Book