GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) — A man was arrested near Canton on Wednesday morning after leading police on a 30-minute chase at speeds in excess of 100 mph.
An officer clocked the 2013 Chevrolet Impala traveling over 100 mph on President George Bush Highway near Garland just after 9 a.m.
The officer attempted to stop the vehicle, but the driver continued at high speeds south on President George Bush.
The chase continued onto I-20 past Canton, where DPS troopers deployed stop sticks that punctured the vehicle’s tires.
37-year-old Rodric Earl Wooten of Dallas was taken into custody.
While searching his vehicle, the arresting officers found two loaded hand guns on Wooten and a loaded rifle inside his vehicle.
Wooten has been charged with Evading and Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon. Bond has not yet been set.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Keidel: The Bell Tolls For Le’Veon
- Man Sentenced In KS For Stealing Grand Prairie Man’s Identity
- New Texas Women’s Health Program Has Family Planning Focus
- This Week in Golf: Vegas Wins Canadian Open With Closing-Round Comeback
- Heroes To Get In Free At Hawaiian Falls