Longhorns To Face Iowa At Madison Square Garden
NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Texas Longhorns are widely considered one of the nation’s best teams heading into the 2014-15 season. They’ll also be playing on the biggest stage.
Texas will face Iowa in New York’s Madison Square Garden on Nov. 20.
The Hawkeyes announced Wednesday that they’ll face the Longhorns in the semifinals of the 2K Classic tournament. Iowa will then play either California or Syracuse the next day.
The Longhorns bring back most of their contributors from last season, when they finished 24-11, and they’ve added star freshman Myles Turner.
Iowa will also play at North Carolina and host Iowa State in what should be its toughest non-conference schedule under fifth-year coach Fran McCaffery.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Daily Score: Fixing Pressing Sports Problems
- Dallas Shark Attack Survivor Talks About Experience, Recovery
- NFL VP Of Officiating Dean Blandino Joins Ben & Skin
- Fort Worth Stock Show Goes Pink
- Aviation Company Moving Into Vacant Alliance Airport Hanger