Longhorns To Face Iowa At Madison Square Garden
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Texas Longhorns are widely considered one of the nation’s best teams heading into the 2014-15 season. They’ll also be playing on the biggest stage.
Texas will face Iowa in New York’s Madison Square Garden on Nov. 20.
The Hawkeyes announced Wednesday that they’ll face the Longhorns in the semifinals of the 2K Classic tournament. Iowa will then play either California or Syracuse the next day.
The Longhorns bring back most of their contributors from last season, when they finished 24-11, and they’ve added star freshman Myles Turner.
Iowa will also play at North Carolina and host Iowa State in what should be its toughest non-conference schedule under fifth-year coach Fran McCaffery.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Business As Usual At DFW Airport Despite Confirmed Ebola Case
- Store Clerk Mourns For Security Guard Shot Dead
- Brain Injury Group Says NFL Concussion Award Scheme ‘Flawed’
- City Of Denton Sued Over Fracking Moratorium
- Dallas Mayor: EMS Crew And Ambulance Used In Ebola Case Isolated