Suspect Arrested After Palestine Shootings
PALESTINE (AP) – Police responding to reports of gunfire have arrested a suspect after finding two wounded men on an East Texas street.
Palestine police are trying to determine what prompted the shootings early Wednesday. The victims told officers that they were shot while at a nearby residence.
Lt. James Muniz says police went to the home and all of the residents emerged without incident. A man was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. His name wasn’t immediately released.
Police say the two victims were transported to Palestine Regional Hospital and then moved to a hospital in Tyler. Their names and details on their conditions weren’t immediately available.
Palestine is 100 miles southeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police: Man Suspected Of Impersonating Officer In Rockwall
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Back In Some Stores
- Cowboys ‘Deep Blue’ Captures Romo/Quincy Start
- Bridgewater Perfect For Vikings, Romo Solid For Cowboys
- Holland Ks 11 For Rangers In 6-0 Win Over O’s For 3-Game Sweep