Suspect Arrested After Palestine Shootings
Get Breaking News First
PALESTINE (AP) - Police responding to reports of gunfire have arrested a suspect after finding two wounded men on an East Texas street.
Palestine police are trying to determine what prompted the shootings early Wednesday. The victims told officers that they were shot while at a nearby residence.
Lt. James Muniz says police went to the home and all of the residents emerged without incident. A man was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. His name wasn’t immediately released.
Police say the two victims were transported to Palestine Regional Hospital and then moved to a hospital in Tyler. Their names and details on their conditions weren’t immediately available.
Palestine is 100 miles southeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- Few Fireworks In First Texas Governor’s Debate
- Police Now Involved In Battle Over Locked Fire Hydrants
- Possible Attempted Child Abduction In Keller