LA PORTE (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A Texas man known by police for riding his unicycle naked has died after being hit by a vehicle while clothed and pedaling at night.
Police in the Houston-area city of La Porte police 48-year-old Joseph Glynn Farley of Clear Lake was killed Tuesday night when his unicycle was hit from behind by an SUV.
Sgt. John Krueger on Wednesday said Farley was wearing black shorts, a backpack and a reflective vest, which was found nearby. Krueger says the unicycle had lights and was operating legally on a thoroughfare.
The SUV driver, who wasn’t hurt, called 911 to report the accident.
Kemah police in 2012 accused Farley of riding naked, distracting drivers and creating a hazard. Farley was cited for misdemeanor indecent exposure.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Crews Looking Into Sink Hole On Haltom City Road
- North Texans Ready Themselves For Solar Eclipse
- 10 Sailors Missing After U.S. Navy Destroyer Collides With Merchant Ship
- Gonzalez Pitches 6 Scoreless, White Sox Hold Off Rangers 3-2
- Trump To Make Announcement On Strategy For Afghanistan