Davis To Speak At Mexican Border
McALLEN (AP) – Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis is to speak in McAllen amid a surge in illegal immigration and Gov. Rick Perry’s decision to send the National Guard to the border.
Davis, who’s a state senator from Fort Worth, is to speak Thursday morning at an event hosted by The Monitor newspaper and the McAllen Chamber of Commerce. Her Republican opponent, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, was their guest in May.
More than 57,000 unaccompanied immigrant children entered the United States illegally between October and June, most by crossing in the Rio Grande Valley.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 12-Year-Old Boy Shoots Himself In The Leg
- Collin County Woman Dies After Falling At Royal Gorge Bridge In Colorado
- Tim Duncan Promises To Be “On The Court”
- Bradley Named New U.S. Soccer Captain
- Student Athletes Shocked By Special Awards