Former NBA Commish Stern Leads 10 In Basketball Hall of Fame Class
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) – The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is welcoming its newest group of inductees.
Former NBA Commissioner David Stern led the class of 10 that received its membership blazers on Thursday. The induction gala is Friday night down the street from the hoops shrine.
Also in the class of 2014 are former NBA stars Alonzo Mourning and Mitch Richmond and NCAA championship-winning coaches Nolan Richardson of Arkansas and Gary Williams of Maryland.
The women’s team from Immaculata College, which won three straight national championships in the 1970s, is also being honored, along with Lithuania star Sarunas Marciulionis.
Former Indiana Pacers coach Bob “Slick” Leonard, the late Nat “Sweetwater” Clifton of the New York Knicks and the late Guy Rodgers of Temple round out the class.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texans Show Continued Support For Brenham’s Blue Bell
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: A Twitter Recap Of The Fight Of The Century
- Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao Top 5 Moments
- Floyd Mayweather Controls Pace, Defeats Pacquiao By Decision
- 2nd Annual Chris Kyle Memorial Benefit In Fort Worth