LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Tiger Woods arrived at Valhalla on Thursday with far less fanfare, and a lot more attention.
The PGA Championship got underway when club pro Brian Norman hit the opening tee shot down the middle. Woods was in the feature group in the morning with Phil Mickelson and Padraig Harrington. It’s rare when Woods and Mickelson are in the same group at a major, though the hype was different this time.
Woods withdrew from a World Golf Championship just four days ago with a back injury. He returned on Wednesday _ with live television showing Woods parking his car and tying his golf shoes _ and proclaimed he was fit.
Woods is the focus. Rory McIlroy is the favorite, coming off wins at the British Open and at Firestone.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Playboy Model Who Shot Nude Pic Of Unwitting Woman Due In Court
- Scientists May Now Know How Whales Got So Big
- Jury Deliberates Fate Of FWPD Officer In Wrongful Shooting Case
- Missouri Beats Texas A&M 12-7 In SEC Tournament
- Bill Could Turn Back Page, Return Power To Texas Board Of Education