LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Tiger Woods arrived at Valhalla on Thursday with far less fanfare, and a lot more attention.
The PGA Championship got underway when club pro Brian Norman hit the opening tee shot down the middle. Woods was in the feature group in the morning with Phil Mickelson and Padraig Harrington. It’s rare when Woods and Mickelson are in the same group at a major, though the hype was different this time.
Woods withdrew from a World Golf Championship just four days ago with a back injury. He returned on Wednesday _ with live television showing Woods parking his car and tying his golf shoes _ and proclaimed he was fit.
Woods is the focus. Rory McIlroy is the favorite, coming off wins at the British Open and at Firestone.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Marc Marquez & Valentino Rossi Bring Their MotoGP Duel To Texas
- Music Producer & EDM Artist Known As Avicii Found Dead At 28
- Former NFL Player Sells 1952 Mickey Mantle Card For Over $2 Million
- Students Protest For Tougher Gun Laws In National School Walkout
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely