McIlroy, Woods Going Different Directions At PGA
Sports Fan Insider
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Tiger Woods arrived at Valhalla on Thursday with far less fanfare, and a lot more attention.
The PGA Championship got underway when club pro Brian Norman hit the opening tee shot down the middle. Woods was in the feature group in the morning with Phil Mickelson and Padraig Harrington. It’s rare when Woods and Mickelson are in the same group at a major, though the hype was different this time.
Woods withdrew from a World Golf Championship just four days ago with a back injury. He returned on Wednesday _ with live television showing Woods parking his car and tying his golf shoes _ and proclaimed he was fit.
Woods is the focus. Rory McIlroy is the favorite, coming off wins at the British Open and at Firestone.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Traffic Signal Style Debuts In Keller
- Democrat Wendy Davis Says She Would Welcome Obama Visit
- Health Officials Release Chart Of Those Currently Monitored For Ebola
- Frisco HOA Fights House For Homeless Teens & Young Adults
- Dallas Woman In Canada Near Parliament Shooting