Vandalism Charges Dismissed Against Colleyville Mom
COLLEYVILLE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Charges have been dismissed against a North Texas mom accused of helping a group of kids vandalize a neighbors home.
43-year old Tara Mauney of Colleyville was accused of leading a group of middle school students in a bizarre prank against a neighbor who was hosting a slumber party.
Investigators say Mauney and the youngsters covered the neighbors house with toilet paper, put a toilet on the front lawn and stuffed raw chicken in the mail box, among other things.
Today the Tarrant County D.A. dismissed criminal mischief charges against Mauney after she agreed to pay $1,900 in restitution and write a letter of apology.
Mauney’s neighbor also wanted the charges dropped because she did not want the children involved in the incident to endure a public trial.
If Mauney had gone to trial and been convicted of criminal mischief, she would have faced probation, up to two years in a state jail facility and a possible $10,000 fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Corps Decides Against Releasing More Water From Lake Lewisville
- Dallas Police Asking For Hundreds More Body Cams
- Nimitz High Classmates React To Student Murder
- Texas Senate OKs Wrongful Conviction Exoneration Commission
- Widow Files Lawsuit Against Fort Worth Police, Says Husband Was Unarmed